What We Treat
Treatment for OCD, Anxiety, and Other Disorders
OCD, PTSD, BFRB’s, Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety is a normal and natural part of life. For some people, however, feelings of anxiety and fear overpower them and make it nearly impossible to enjoy life. The good news is that anxiety producing disorders like OCD, GAD, BDD can be effectively managed. The appropriate empirically based treatment is your first step.
MSAM’s unique treatment approach combines Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), E/RP, DBT, PE and Mindfulness. Our caring therapists work collaboratively with clients to develop treatment plans that meet the needs of each unique individual.
OCD and related disorders
- OCD – Excessive thoughts (obsessions) that lead to repetitive behaviors (compulsions). Consequently, an individual’s quality of life if negatively effected.
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Body Dysmorphic Disorder or BDD is characterized by a person’s perception that they are flawed in their physical appearance. As a result, the person experiencing BDD finds their preoccupations intrusive, unwanted and can consume from 3-8 hours of their time per day.
- Hoarding Disorder. Hoarding is generally indicated if an individual has had a long-term problem with getting rid of possessions. The individual will not consider the actual value or usefulness. As a result, hoarding creates an accumulation that interferes with normal and common or shared living areas.
- Trichotillomania. A compulsive desire to pull out one’s hair. Hence, the person pulling has a sense of a loss of control. Therefore, can suffer significant negative emotions directed toward themselves.
- Excoriation (Skin Picking) Disorder. A irresistible urge to pick one’s skin repeatedly. A person often spends a good deal of time picking. A person may spend several hours each day picking. Additionally, the picking may have been present for months or years.
We also treat
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is diagnosed when a person suffers excessive anxiety and worry that fuels apprehensive and negative expectations.
- PSTD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). PTSD can occur as a result having had exposure to an actual or threatened death, serious injury, or sexual violence.
- Specific Phobia. An individual who suffers with specific phobia will become very fearful or anxious about a specific object or situation. For example, fear of flying, heights, animals, shots or blood.
- Social Anxiety Disorder. Social anxiety disorder sufferers experience significant fear and anxiety in social situations because they may be scrutinized or negatively evaluated by others.
- Panic Disorder – Panic disorder is characterized by sudden attacks of fear or panic. Generally, attacks happen frequently and are debilitating.
- Major Depressive Disorder. Persistent feelings of sadness that interfere with an individual’s ability to work, sleep, study, eat and enjoy life.
Call 610-517-3127 for a consultation regarding treatment for OCD, Anxiety or to schedule an appointment. We work with clients in Philadelphia, Main Line, Montgomery County, and the surrounding areas. Some of the zip codes within our service area include: 19103, 19130, 19152, 19114, 19102, 19149, 19104, 19143, 19107, 19118, and 19120.